Lots and lots of pretty things

Monday, September 7, 2009

ATC Cards



So I've got a set of these due by Wed. for the Pink Pineapple (well, for Ally). If you haven't seen these before, they're little, well, pieces of art that you give out that showcase your style (think Garbage Pail Kids cards, but prettier. With more texture). The first round I participated in was "vintage" . . . and I forgot to take pictures of them before I distributed them. The point of the "swaps" we do with these is that each participant gets 11 in return, one from each of the other participants. This exchange's theme? "Glitter". Since inspiration took its time in striking, I've got a counter covered in, yes, glitter, black ATC cards, and every possible glitter-licious kind of embellishment I own. I think I've finally made a prototype I can live with, so now comes the assembly. Next up? "Alice in Wonderland" -- bound to be my favorite theme, hands down. Now if I can just figure out how to get a representation down in a 2X3 card, I'll be all set . . .

In the meantime, a slightly glittery, most favorite of recent (and let's admit, there have been few) layout for 52 Sketches, 52 Weeks . . .

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing what you do with Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    You're so sweet. I appreciate you following and responding to my random ventures. I sure miss seeing you in Writing Group, which just isn't possible with my schedule anymore.

    ReplyDelete